Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Cosmin

Hello.

When making a form, is there a way to exclude all categories from other branches?
    I’m expecting that once I set-up a parent category then everything else not under that branch should not be selectable:

TOP1 ->
    A1 -> A11, A22
    B1 -> B11, B22
    TOP2 ->
    C1 -> C22, C33, C44
    TOP3 ->
    D1 -> D22, D33, D44
    If I select A1 as parent I should have only have selectable the options A11 and A22 and not B1, B11 nor B22. I’m also expecting that if I choose parent to be A1 then the item belongs also to TOP1. Wasn’t it designed like this?

I have no idea how I can enforce a 3 categories selection while everything else is not selectable [and everything else means 100+ categories which should not be displayed]. Manually selecting everything else is not an option.

Did I miss something or is there any way to achieve this?

Hi,

Thanks for alerting us.

Unfortunately, the plugin was not originally created how you have described. We will investigate what it will take to enforce the restrictions across the entire branch and update this post with our findings

___
    BePro Software Team

Cosmin

Well – if you do [and you should], then you’ll need to add an extra [checkbox] field for additional optional categories.
    Thus, you’ll have the Parent which restricts options to the branch under the parent and also auto-selects the ancestors of the parent, you’ll have the preselected options and a set of optional categories which the admin can choose from other branches; and of course – the excludes… ^_^

Do you have an eta for an update of this kind? I need to know if I have the luxury to wait or to find a workaround…

Hi,

Please allow our development team another 24-48 hours to investigate and respond. Our entire team is currently focused on stabilizing BePro Listings and the Form Builder. Tomorrow is also a national holiday here in Canada 🙂

If the feature turns out to be a simple function, i’m sure the dev team will release it within days. If its an involved process, our current backlog would mean it may take weeks to implement. We appreciate your patience.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.