Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lucy

Hi,

I have created some user upload forms using the form builder for categories such as vehicles, property etc but once on the submit form page it says:

Categories

optional

Then every single parent and child category is offered from all categories. I have Origami – maybe i’m missing something?

Thank you

Hi,

Sounds to be working correctly. You must specify which categories are required per form. This is done while editing the category form field in the admin. We cover this in the following documentation

https://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/separating-form-submissions/

If you are new to wordpress or are unsure how to find your Category ID’s, we recommend watching our instructional screencast video

https://www.beprosoftware.com/blog/wordpress-page-category-ids/
    ___
    BePro Software Team

• This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by BePro Software Team. Reason: added documentation link
    Lucy

Hi, yes thanks I have grasped that…. just another question on the same lines. Is this setup where I can have main categories, child categories and then grandchild categories.

Example: Parent category:Vehicles
    Child Category: Car
    Grandchild category: Cadillac

I have somewhat worked it out except the child category then proceeds to list all grandchild categories beneath it when using the shortcode:

[display_listing_categories url_input= ‘vehicles’ cat= ‘9’]

So all of the vehicle categories are nicely displayed but underneath each category the grandchild categories are listed seemingly by default, which I dont want.

Thank you

Hi,

Unfortunately, the plugin are tapping into a wordpress function that returns the information in that way. We will investigate how to implement your needs and update this post with our findings.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Lucy

Thank you.

Back to the categories per form. It is listing every single other category. Do I have to exclude every other category- parent and child – So they do not show on the form?

Hi,

Yes, the plugin is setup to display all categories with the option to exclude any.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Lucy

Am I getting annoying yet? 😉

Still figuring out the categories and how it works with the form builder.

Even when there are no optional categories there is text saying ‘Optional’ on the user front end form?

Hi,

Not annoying at all 🙂 Questions like this helps us to work out bugs. It also shows other users that we are more than willing to, listen, help and make changes.

To help you understand the situation, the Form Builder is still under a year old. It exists today because a customer requested it. Its a unique product, requiring us to invent things never before done on wordpress, which inevitably means some bugs.

Yes, currently the system still says the word “Optional”. We will be removing this in the next version of the Form Builder. The new version will be released within the next 48-72 hours. If you have the “BePro Software Updates” plugin installed, you will be able to update from your admin plugin panel.

Your patience and support is very appreciated

___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.