Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    jambojam

Ok, well perhaps I should have said before that I tried using l_type on its own before and had this issue so I tried putting in the “bl_form_id” to see if that would make any difference. I’ve set it back to l_type now:

[generate_map bl_form_id=’1′ l_type= ‘13,17,15,12,16,14,18,32’ size= ‘3’]

[search_form listing_page= ‘/Accommodation’ l_type= ‘13,17,15,12,16,14,18,32’]

[bl_search_filter listing_page= ‘/Accommodation’ l_type= ‘13,17,15,12,16,14,18,32’]

[display_listings bl_form_id=’1′ order_by= ‘2’ show_paging=1 type=’blfb2a’ l_type= ‘13,17,15,12,16,14,18,32’]

I still have this exact same issue, will you please just test it because there is most certainly something wrong when it comes to using l_type

jambojam

I think perhaps I need to make you aware of all the itterations that I’ve tried in order to get this to work. I’ve tried using l_type selecting all the categories that I want, I’ve tried using ex_type to exclude all the categories that I don’t want, I’ve tried bl_form_id. None of these work and now I’m getting very frustrated that you’ve not looked at the problem, so you can’t even see what I’m dealing with.

Hi,

We have looked at your website. That’s why we recommended the l_type option. All shortcode options are available on our shortcode page. If a base shortcode isn’t working that that’s an issue we are always happy to address

_ https://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/bepro-listings-shortcodes/

The last thing we want is a frustrated paying customer. Contact us at [email protected] and we will setup everything for you, exactly as you need for free.

Regards,
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

What I’m saying here is that l_type doesn’t appear to work the way you say it should. The format I’ve used is correct as I understand it. Again initially it has the appearance of working fine. Please go onto the site in either accommodation, jobs or the activities display section. You will see intially displayed the right information, i.e. no categories coming through that should not be there.

Now perform a search for an area, cambridge in England is one that I set up for you to test. You will see that the search pulls through categories that in the first instance weren’t there and should not be appearing on the search.

The other thing to note is that the filter displays categories that it should not be displaying, categories that are not in the l_type that I have identified for them.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by jambojam.
    jambojam

Hi,

Just a quick thank you for assigning someone to help me sort this. Doing a little bit of testing and it looks like we’re heading in the right direction. Hopefully will be sorted soon.

jambojam

Yep, all sorted… thank you very much for taking the time to sort out this issue I’ve been having and sorting the issues I’ve had around searching.

I’ve just seen that there’s another update of bepro been released. I know you did a little bit of customising for the version of bepro I’m using. If I download the latest update will I have problems again or is the latest version of bepro created based on the issues I’ve had?

Hi,

Yes, the latest version of BePro Listings includes the customizations we made for you. We believe that new capabilities like allowing the l_type option to support a coma separated list, benefits the entire community. We are working on updating the documentation to reflect this new ability. Let us know if you run into any issues during the update.

Thanks for your patience and working with us towards improving BePro Listings for everyone.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

Hello,

After uploading more information and starting to use the search, I’ve noticed one small bug.

when you use the category filter and then go back in to execute another filter, it pulls up all the other categories not in l_type as filter options again. It still won’t pull them through on the search which is good, so it’s just a small bug really… but still looks a little untidy.

Regards

Jam

Hi Jam,

Thanks a lot for your continued communication. We will definitely investigate this issue and report back.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

No probs, I saw a rather bad comment on wordpress about bepro from someone called Lucy… felt the need to respond!

Hi @jam

Thanks a lot for responding. If all customers were as supportive as you, we would be much further ahead. You are not alone, customers have been supportive in various ways. However, your vocal approach in addition to purchasing products is rare and makes a major difference to BePro Listings in these early years. Its because of users like you, why we continue to release a lot for free, some that we are paid to create by other supportive customers.

We definitely don’t like loosing customers. We recently created a “conditional” refund policy, in an attempt to improve our customer service. We did it quietly to test it out and see if maybe one day a “unconditional money back guarantee” could be possible. It was very unfortunate to see a customer abuse the existing policy and literally create a negative review explaining how they tried to circumvent it. We want to learn why our software doesn’t work, so others who need the solution can benefit. If we can confirm it really does’t work, decency suggests that we must return all related funds.

We are very open to any suggestions from the community on how we can support you better while still being able to pay our developers and grow our offerings. We consistently hear that we are thousands of dollars less than comparable products and we offer things not seen elsewhere. We are ready and excited to work with customers towards mutual success online.

To reward you for being such a huge contributor to our community, we have upgraded your account to the Premium Member for 3 months. I suggest that you download any products you haven’t already purchased, that are free to that member level. Also consider browsing our various tutorial videos and member only content.

We hope you continue to, request upgrades, notify us of issues and make recommendations. We know that success for our current small community will eventually mean success for a large community.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

Wow, thank you very much. I think the way you handle issues and requests sets a good example to all other developers. It has actually led me to view bepro software as a partner in what I want to achieve, rather than just another building block. I’ll have a browse through the tutorials etc over the next few weeks and see what else it can provide for me moving forward.

Thank you again and if there’s any other way in which I can help you with positive pr then please feel free to let me know.

Kind Regards

Jam

Thank you 🙂

We are very happy to have your support and definitely hope to be viewed as a partner.

Imagine our success if we are able to make you and thousands of other customers profitable. We have created a scenario where we are incentivized to make you money. All we ask is that users give us a chance to work with them towards that goal.

We are still working on the category drop down issue which sparked this forum post. As soon as our team finds a solution, we will share our plans for releasing a fix.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

Can you post me links to the member only videos and member content? I’m having a bit of trouble finding it.

Hi,

Its all in the menu under Blog

https://www.beprosoftware.com/blog/category/member-only/
    https://www.beprosoftware.com/blog/category/member-only/member-videos/
    https://www.beprosoftware.com/blog/category/series/

Also, you can see a summary of some available content on the subscriptions page

https://www.beprosoftware.com/subscriptions/

___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.