Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    jambojam

Hi,

I’m having a few issues with categories appearing in my search and search filter. Here’s the short code that I’m using:

[generate_map bl_form_id=’1′ l_type= ‘13,17,15,12,16,14,18,32’ size= ‘3’]

[search_form bl_form_id=’1′ l_type= ‘13,17,15,12,16,14,18,32’ listing_page= ‘/Accommodation’]

[bl_search_filter bl_form_id=’1′ listing_page= ‘/Accommodation’ l_type= ‘13,17,15,12,16,14,18,32’]

[display_listings bl_form_id=’1′ order_by= ‘2’ show_paging=1 type=’blfb2a’ l_type= ‘13,17,15,12,16,14,18,32’]

Now what I believe that should mean is that the user is only able to select Categories from Categories listed under l_type. The problem I have is that on first glance the page displays the listings just fine and it also displays the correct listings on the map… however there are categories appearing as options on the search filter that shouldn’t (i.e. category 40) and when you filter that then it pulls back listings in this section that it shouldn’t. Also I can run a plain geographic search and it pulls back listings whose categories it should be prevented from bringing back. Please tell me how I’m going wrong in order to fix this.

jambojam

actually, this is an area where I have to ask a question about what I want to achieve here… which is effectively 3 separate directories displayed on the one website. Am I actually going to need Origami in order to achieve this?

jambojam

Ok after looking into what Origami is about I think the answer is yes I need this addon, so I have purchased it. After uploading it I can’t see any obvious differences on my wordpress dashboard.

My Assumption is that I put in an origami=”1″,origami=”2″and origami=”3″ into each of my respective 3 submission pages and then the same code into each of the three search pages.

I did see something mentioned before about being able to manually switch the origami tags for data that has been uploaded… where can I view and switch these tags?

Hi,

There seems to be a few different things happening. We would be happy to troubleshoot with you.

Here are my thoughts so far

1) Categories will probably show up if they are child categories of the ones you entered.
    2) Our design anticipates that you will either separate by form Id or by categories. If categories “A, B & C” are attached to “form 1 and form 2” then you could end up getting results from both forms.
    3) Origami is a special tool. It can seem confusing since it was actually created before the form builder. You are right, its only purpose is to separate listings on one website. However note, it only does this when combined with other niche addons like the “vehicles” or “realestate”. Otherwise, the Form Builder should be able to keep things separated by itself

QUESTIONS

1. Do the forms have unique categories e.g. “A,B” in form 1 and “C” in form 2?
    2. Are you using any of our niche market addons e.g. Booking, realestate, etc?

___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

ok, well there are no crossovers in the categories, I’ve created unique categories for each form. When creating a new listing there is absolutely no problem there. I’ve created parent categories to separate out the categories, but they aren’t actually an option for the user to select.

Form 1= parent 9 child 13,17,15,12,16,14,18,32
    Form 2= parent 11 child 27,26,29,30,28,33,34,35
    Form 3= parent 10 child 20,22,19,25,24,21,23,36,39,40,37,38,31,41

I’m not using any of the niche market addons

jambojam

Now when I go onto that display page,

[generate_map bl_form_id=’1′ l_type= ‘13,17,15,12,16,14,18,32’ size= ‘3’]

[search_form bl_form_id=’1′ l_type= ‘13,17,15,12,16,14,18,32’ listing_page= ‘/Accommodation’]

[bl_search_filter bl_form_id=’1′ listing_page= ‘/Accommodation’ l_type= ‘13,17,15,12,16,14,18,32’]

[display_listings bl_form_id=’1′ order_by= ‘2’ show_paging=1 type=’blfb2a’ l_type= ‘13,17,15,12,16,14,18,32’]

initially it looks fine. There are no locations on the map that are crossing over categories and the list of categories that are initially being displayed to the user aren’t crossing over at all.

However, categories are appearing as options in the filter that should not be appearing there and also if I do just a general search of an area then it pulls back results with categories that it should not be pulling back. After this happens those categories appear on the map.

jambojam

It’s the search_form and the bl_search_filter that are causing me the problems

jambojam

I gave you administrator access to my site before when I was having issues with the form builder install. I’ve reactivated the admin rights on that account again if you want to log in and see if there’s anything you can spot that might be causing this issue.

Hi,

Thanks for the access and your patience. The Form Builder is currently priority #1 and we are hoping to track down as many bugs as possible. We will update this post with our findings

___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

Has there been any progress here? I’ve launched my site to my friends and I really need this sorted before I start uploading more listings.

Regards

Jam

Hi,

Our apologies for the delay.

Unfortunately, our password works but does not provide administrator access. Because of this, we were not able to verify category association

We tested geographic search. Specifically, we search for “melbourne vic,australia” on your “accommodation” page and changed the distance to “1000”. The categories remained unchanged.

Can you upgrade our access? Also, can you share a specific url and use case so that we can test it?
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

Apologies, your role has now been changed to administrator.

Ok so in my site there are three seperate lists:

Accommodation Form 1= parent 9 child 13,17,15,12,16,14,18,32
    Jobs Form 2= parent 11 child 27,26,29,30,28,33,34,35
    Activities Form 3= parent 10 child 20,22,19,25,24,21,23,36,39,40,37,38,31,41

I’ve not uploaded much information at this point in time but I will perhaps upload a little more for your testing purposes.
    If right now you were to go onto the accommodation page, you would see a list of accommodation. However if you click to filter the search by category, you will see categories appear that should be no part of an accommodation search. Equally if you search by area (again, because of the limited data I have uploaded… you should search for Cambridge, England) it will pull through listings that it should not.

I will sit down and upload some more info to help with your testing.

Regards

Jam

jambojam

ok, I’ve uploaded an activity, accommodation and job in the cambridgeshire area of England to help you see the problem here. I hope now you can have a better view of the issues I’m having.

jambojam

Hey sorry, I’ve not seen any activity from you on the site yet since I went back over your admin privilages. Can you have a look again please?

Hi,

You will need to use the “l_type” option for the “bl_search_filter” shortcode. This will allow you to restrict the search filter to specific categories. The “bl_form_id” option is not available for that shortcode

___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.