Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Justin

I’m just adding text in the normal WP editor. In both visual mode or plain text mode, I can’t do simple formatting like bold or other built-in formatting options.

In visual mode, I can highlight / select text and click bold and it shows it, or I can type <strong></strong> around text and if I go to the visual editor it’s bold, but after I save, any formatting is gone.

Running WP 4.2.3 and BePro Listings 2.2.0

Hi,

For security reasons, we remove all tags from user submissions. If interested in seeing exceptions added to future versions of the plugin, let us know specifically which tags you are interested in and we will keep you posted on progress.

___
    BePro Software Team

Justin

This is not a user submission. This is in the admin. And not only do formatting options not work, neither do shortcodes, adding images, or any other standard WP editor features.

Hi,

We strip all shortcodes and tags from all submissions for security and compatibility. Its a deliberate action not an error. If you would like to see changes in this policy, we would love to hear specifically what you would like to exclude from this policy and why. Our team can then evaluate your need and schedule it like all other requests we receive on a daily basis.

If you look at the sidebar while creating/editing a listing, you will see the image management feature. This provides a graphical control over the stock wordpress media add button. If you intend to use images with BePro Listings then use this easy visual component. Its right above the featured image option which also works 100% with BePro Listings. This is all explained in the following article

https://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/bepro-listings-media-management/

If the feature is not available, confirm “Show Images” is selected on the BePro Listings->Options admin page
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Hi,

Our dev team has agreed to remove validation for admin posted content. The change will be released in the next version of BePro Listings

___
    BePro Software Team

Justin

Can you let me know when that will be released.

The next 48-72 hours.

___
    BePro Software Team

leoreyna

Thank you! I cant wait for this release – I thought I was going crazy when none of my shortcodes were working — as an admin.

Hi.

Try version 2.2.0001 which was released today
    ___
    BePro Software Team

leoreyna

Thanks!!That’s what I am talking about!

Hi,

We are happy to support your success. Please consider helping us both by leaving a 5 star review on wordpress.org

https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/bepro-listings

___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.