Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    reyvillar1

BePro is the 4th directory plugin I’m trying, and so far it’s been the BEST! But I’m running into problems with the bulk CSV upload function. I’ve tried to upload CSV files with 3,000 and then with just 900 listings, and both times I got a 504 Gateway Timeout error (The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application) — and I was only able to upload the first 78 listings

Using a different CSV Importer plugin, I’ve done bulk uploads with my server in the past and recently with as many as 5,000 records, and I haven’t had any problems. But something about the BePro CSV importer is triggering that 504 error and only uploaded 78 listings.

I then looked into using the third-party CSV importer to upload my huge database, but I can’t seem to identify the standard WP database field headings for BePro’s address_line1, city, postcode, state, country and phone fields.

What are the actual WP titles for those BePro fields so I can use a 3rd party importer that won’t trigger a 504 error. For example, BePro’s “content” field is actually WP’s post_content field. Thanks.

Hi,

Good to hear that our BePro Listings plugin is meeting your wp directory needs.

The timeout issue has to do with 2 factors

1. Your server has a timeout limit. Contact your server manager to extend this time limit

2. You mentioned being able to upload more records with another plugin. BePro Listings has to do a lot with your upload that other plugins might not do. For example, if you are uploading an addresses, the plugin needs to contact the google api, wait for a response, then process the results. This is just one of the many decisions BePro Listings makes when you upload to it.

Regarding the field names, we have outlined those in the following documentation which focuses on csv uploads

https://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/listing-csv-upload/

Ultimately, we work very hard to make BePro Listings as efficient as possible. Note that we have never seen another plugin successfully upload to BePro Listings. The plugin uses some stock wordpress fields as well as having its own database tables. This database design is specifically focused on making the plugin as efficient as possible when it comes to front end searches. The only proven way to upload listings to BePro Listings is through the plugin.

Also consider that we have an export addon. It will allow you to export the fields that are currently in your database. Makes the process a lot simpler, especially when you start adding new fields through the form builder

https://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/bepro-listings-export/

If you have further questions or would like help uploading your records, let us know.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.