Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    jambojam

Hello All,

Trying to balance around 3 jobs right now so makes me replies few and far between. This is something that I had emailed before but you suggested I put it onto the forums.

I am noticing a few small things that perhaps aren’t very intuitive when it comes to the bookings plugin. Although that could be more to do with the purpose for which I’m using it.

First of all I’m booking blocks generally by the day (1440 minutes), Ideally there would be the facility to have enter an end date/time rather than going by blocks, which would have then calculate blocks by reverse and then round up an uneven block at the end. I think rounding up could be an important feature, because right now it is perhaps a little too restrictive. I can still use it for purpose like this but a calendar would be better for me.

Secondly, I can’t seem to understand how availability works. I’ve tried entering dates into it to indicate availability or leaving it blank… but whenever I try to enter test bookings it says that the listing is unavailable. I can definitely see the need for availability and its a feature I will need, but it’s not something I am understanding just yet.

Kind Regards

Jam

p.s. I am getting to a point soon on the travel bug website where I am thinking about SEO, which I know absolutely nothing about. Are there Bepro specific SEO consultations that you can offer me, i.e. customising Bepro so that each listing generated is effectively a post setup and tagged well for SEO.

Hi Jam,

We will review the timeslot feature to see if there is a way to make it more flexible. Thanks for the suggestion

When you create availability, can you see the times you entered under the booking tab on the detail page?
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

Thanks guys,

You are still without a doubt the most responsive team when it comes to plugin support on wordpress!

So I’m adding availability on the wp admin screen, and when I enter the dates there is no indication of availability there and nothing under the bookings tab. I wonder if it is the way I’m trying to use it, but again that could be an intuition problem.

Regards

James

Hi James,

Help us to understand where things are going wrong.

To enter availability while editing a listing in the admin there is a section named “Availability Details”. There you have to fill out a form with availability details and click “Add”. When you click add, do you see the time slot added blow the form in the grey box?
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

Well that’s the section I’ve been filling out and after clicking add, nothing appears in the grey box.

jambojam

Ah, I think I’ve solved the problem here.

Kind Regards

James

jambojam

Yep, I was just getting used to the setup here, I’ve been able to set availability now.

So I’ve got a few questions now that I’m playing around with this addon.

Is there a way to see availability of the individual listing in a tab? Would be very useful to me moving forward.
    I’ve got the availability widget open, but it doesn’t seem to show any indication when a listing is booked, simply says available for all the time that I originally set as available. The good thing is that I can’t double book a slot, but it would still be good to see some sort of visual indication that a slot is booked on the calendar.
    Is there a confirmation process? I.E. the requested reservation has to be approved before it gets put onto the system?
    I’ve tried a few times to set it so the listings reservation email goes to the website owner, but I’m getting an error when trying to save the setting. In fact, I’m not seeing any reservation emails go to anyone at the moment. I’m also seeing an error when I click on reschedule in the wpadmin section.

Again, I do wonder how much of this is down to me getting used to the plugin, rather than potentially any issues with the plugin itself.

Regards

James

Hi Jam,

Emails require BePro Email to be installed and configured

All Bookings can be viewed via the BePro Listings->Bookings admin page

There is no calendar based confirmation of bookings. If a time slot is completely booked, it should no longer be searchable or show up anywhere as an option. If this is not the case, let us know and we will investigate

You are getting an error because you are trying to re-save existing values. If you change any of the options, you will notice that you no longer get an error.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

Hello,

I don’t really need nor want emails to go out for confirmation of bookings… simply for bookings to be made, show up on the system and then no more to be made on top of them.

I can see that when you have set up a listing as available, then the dates available are coloured green in the calendar, however when I place a booking there is no change in colour to indicate that the time/date slot is not free. I can certainly see that a booking has been placed because it appears in the bookings admin page.

Also I’m not resaving an existing value… the value currently says emails to go listing owner, I want to change it to website owner but am unable to save.

Kind Regards

James

Hi,

From what you have shared so far, the system successfully stops all further bookings in the time slot

We will investigate the availability showing up in the calendar after being fully booked. We will also investigate the form save error

___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

Yes that is exactly right.

Thank you for taking the time to look into this.

Kind Regards

James

jambojam

Also, I’m having a look at some of the plugin specific shortcode functions [bl_my_bookings]. I’m guessing that this will display all bookings that you have made as a registered end user.

This may sound rather funny, but is there a shortcode to display all bookings made on the site, which might be useful for an administrator? I know that is something that could be viewed from the wpadmin screen, but I would ideally restrict access to the wpadmin for people that are simply getting on with the day to day management of bookings.

Kind Regards

James

Hi,

Unfortunately, we do not offer a front end solution for admins to review bookings. This seems like a unique need; However, if other users mention interest we will consider adding it to the plugin.

Alternatively, if your need is urgent, you can consider funding this advancement.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

what are we talking about in terms of funding?

jambojam

If you can give me a quotation for how much that should be, I’ll see if it’s something I can stretch to.

What I’d want is the ability to display all bookings front end, and then perhaps to be able to sort/filter them by booking start date, end date, listing, customer.

Also I think there is one more thing that is potentially missing from the bookings plugin itself, a comments/requests box. Whether its for hotels, dentists, massage theapists or whatever… more often than not people will want to send a little bit more specific information about what they need the booking for.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.