Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bobfvp

I have just installed the latest plugin and have tried to create my first listing. (The default listing looks fine.) When I fill in all of the info EXCEPT Country & postcode then everything works fine. When I try to include Country or postcode I get a blank screen after pressing the Update button. The Lat/Lon fields are not being populated.

Any ideas? Thanks…

bobfvp

Update….
    I went to BePro Listing Options, Map tab and changed the Query Type from Curl to file_get_contents and now I am able to include the complete address and the Lat/Lon fields will be automatically populated.

Is this an acceptable solution? What exactly is the difference between Curl and file_get_contents? Are there any downstream issues I may run into?

Thanks….

Hi,

Glad to hear that you found a solution. The option depends on your server configuration and operating system. As you can imagine, there are tons of server companies out there and they all have different setups. If one option isn’t available, the other one usually is.

In short, the options are both php functions which retrieve info from google. Some may argue that curl is slightly faster; However, its unlikely that you or your customers will notice.

If its really important to you, ask your server company why curl is not working.

___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.