Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Zorro
    Participant

Do you could answer my last questions I made over there as it relates to your plugin Scalablity. For example what is the largest number of listings in working site today. Also what is the amount of traffic they have on the site.
    Also can you please provide some examples of high traffic working sights preferably listing counts as well.
    Thanks for all the responses over on the wordpress.org site.
    I have a thread that I started over here related to this topic that I am now moving to here.
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/scalablity?replies=5#post-5614626
    I have been a full time online entrepreneur since 2001 and working on a new project that is a redo of an old site that I had for many years. The new site is http://ezBuyorSell.com/
    Thanks Zorro…

Hi @Zerro,

The reply made by our team member on wordpress.org, specifically answers all concerns brought up in the article you referenced. If this evidence is not enough, then we recommend that you stress test the plugin yourself on your own server?

The plugin is free, the import feature is free, and we give away test data for free. Pointing to someone else running 1.5 million records, does not prove your server can run the same. We strongly suggest that you setup 1.5 million records on your own server before you spend any money on BePro Listings.

Once you have tested the free product and you are happy with the performance, then we can help you with customization and expansion.

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Zorro
    Participant

Thanks for the response. Testing is a great option..!

Where can I get the test data that you talked about and do you recommend test app and/or procedure.

Zorro…

Hi @Zorro,

Each of our $1 wordpress themes provides test data for free, to all of our members, on their shop pages.

http://www.beprosoftware.com/designs/

For testing, i suggest having a developer input data into the database. Very few servers will allow a million records to be uploaded through a form.

Once that’s done, i recommend using any of the popular load test and/or stress test tools available via google. Many allow free testing up to a limit of users. They often provide detailed data regarding each virtual user that they send to your site. With that type of info, you would have exact metrics regarding how many concurrent users it takes to break the plugin on your server

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Zorro
    Participant

Thanks I did buy the MT Classifieds to further explore. However I did not see any test data included with it. I am looking to so some basic testing myself right now without side tracking my developer from the Osclass work he is doing until I have confidence this product is going to work at least as good.

Hi,

Thanks for supporting development with your purchase.

On the MTClassifieds page, there is a section named “Data File”. There you will find an xml file which you can download. To install it, simply use the wordpress import feature in your admin area.

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.