Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ktizo
    Participant

I’m interested in purchasing BePro Listings for a web site
    project. I have a few questions I hope you can answer:
    1) Will all info related to the plugin display responsively if in a responsive theme?

2) Only members will be able to create directory listings.
    A) Will this work with BuddyPress so that only logged in members can submit listings?
    B) We may have 3 levels of paid membership. Can I limit the features in the listing based on the member’s membership level? Photo / images in listing vs. just a text listing? And Featured listings vs. regular?
    C) When members sign up on the site, can they choose and purchase their membership during the sign-up process?
    D) Can site admin create multiple directories each with customizable categories and sub categories?
    E) Can site admin create custom form fields to solicit specific info from member when creating their listing?
    E) Can members choose which directory and categories(s) in which to create their listing?

3) Site visitors (non-members) should be able to view directory listings,searching and sorting listings.

4) Which of your plugins are required to accomplish all these things? Thanks so much for your assistance.

Hi,

Most of these questions can be verified with the base free version. We suggest you download it and test it out fully before buying anything.

1. Yes, BePro Listing components will display responsively if integrated into a responsive theme
    A) Yes, you can configure the plugin to only allow users to manage listings from their profile
    B) Yes, you will need one of our membership addons for this.
    https://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/bepro-listings-s2member/
    https://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/bepro-listings-pmpro/

Instead of re-inventing the wheel, we integrate with the most popular and feature rich (FREE) membership solutions. Once you confirm which one would fit your needs the best, simply purchase the related addon to restrict BePro Listings features like you requested
    C) Yes, the membership plugins we integrate with allow users to pick membership during registration
    D) BePro Listings is multi-site compatible in its free stock form. Yes, you can create different directories which are completely separate
    E) No to the custom fields. However, with our form builder, you can create unlimited form fields
    F) Yes, users can choose which “directory” to place their listing.

3) BePro Listings allows visitors (non-members) to, view, search and filter Listings

4) The Form Builder and one of the Membership addons outlined above.

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

ktizo
    Participant

Thanks for your answer.
    I have installed and am testing, but running into problems when creating listings as site member (not admin).
    I am using in conjunction with BuddyPress. WordPress, BuddyPress and BePro Listings are all the latest versions, fresh install and no other plugins. Also using the Twenty-Fourteen theme for testing, but a different theme will be used.
    I registered with site as new member. All new members role is “contributor”. Once logged into site I go to my profile and try and create new listing. Once form is filled in, I click the button to create listing and just get a white screen. If I log into my Admin account I can see that the listing is pending approval and as admin I can activate it.
    When I log back in to my member account and try and edit my listing and click Edit Listing button, again I get a white screen and the updates are not made.
    Before making purchases, I need to have confidence that this is going to be bullet proof. Is this seamless with BuddyPress? Am I missing some obvious settings?
    Thanks for your help.

ktizo
    Participant

To save you time answering the previous post, I installed on another server with none of the problems mentioned above. I think the white screen has something to do with the hosting settings which I will check into.

Hi,

You beat us to it 🙂 We tested on our bycater theme today and could not replicate any of the issue you noted. With that said, we are very appreciative of you A) Testing before purchase and B) Giving us a chance to evaluate any issues you are having.

Ultimately, software is inherently vulnerable to bugs. Especially when you consider that BePro Listings undergoes constant upgrades and enhancements. What we hope that you take away from our forum posts, is that we are committed to fixing any issues found with our free products or any of our paid addons

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

ktizo
    Participant

Close to buying now. One more question:
    I see that I can set up the site for members to pay for a listing. What I really need is the ability for visitors when signing up to be able to choose their membership level. Free membership, Silver (paid) and Gold (paid). If they have signed up and registered and paid for a gold membership they then have the ability to create unlimited listings with all the options. Does one of your plugins in BePro Listings allow for this functionality, or do I need to use another WordPress plugin compatible with BuddyPress for membership level purchasing?

Hello,

You must use a 3rd party plugin to create the membership features. We interface with arguable to two most popular via paid addons

https://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/bepro-listings-pmpro/
    https://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/bepro-listings-s2member/

The membership plugins are free and the paid interface will tie the membership levels to the features. Yes, you can implement unlimited features for your gold level member

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

ktizo
    Participant

With the gold package it says I can download free updates for a year. What happens after that? If I wish to continue to get updates what is the cost?
    Thanks

Hi,

Great question. We really appreciate when customers take the time to think about these costs and ask questions.

As we discuss in the purchasing tips section, products undergo many updates during a year. In many cases, we introduce completely new features which were not available during the original purchase. In short, you will need to repurchase the products to regain access to updates.

Its also important to note that the contents of your gold package wont change during the year. However, the products sold as part of the Gold Package, may change for future purchases. The packages should be considered as a temporary discount incentive, for purchasing our most popular products in bulk. We have received request for other types of packages and fully intend to create more opportunities for our customers to find savings

You should also consider our various existing cost reduction options like our monthly Subscriptions. Even if used only for a month, you get access to, tutorials, unique content and immediate discounts when purchased with other products. In fact, why not add a membership option to your shopping cart and surf the shop area to immediately see how a subscription reduces prices. Its a monthly charge, so you can cancel anytime.

Regards,
    ___
    BePro Software Team

ktizo
    Participant

My client wants to set up membership levels with unique features per paid level (e.g. silver and gold levels). Do you have an exhaustive list what exact features can be limited per membership level?
    For instance you give a couple examples here https://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/paid-listings/ such as choosing exclusive categories or unlimited video uploads. But I’d like to know all the options, so I can present the capabilities to my client.
    What can we offer gold level members that is different than the silver level members?
    I hope this makes sense?

Hi,

Yes, that does make sense. Here are the features

– Max # of images
    – Max # of listings
    – required categories
    – excluded categories (e.g. prevent adding to featured category)

The videos addon also works by membership tiers. You can set how many videos (youtube, vimeo, etc) a user can link to. The videos are visible in the gallery and play via lightbox

Regards,
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.