Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    riaann

Normally when one thinks about a Freelance Marketplace, names like Freelancer and Upwork comes to mind. I also want to start a Freelance Marketplace, but I don’t want to re-invent the wheel. After all there are enough WordPress themes out there that will do the job. Unfortunately, there is not one (that I now of) that offers a solution in the way that I want it to be.

Let me try to explain what I am looking for.

The system defines 2 sections – The Professional and The Customer.

Susan is a Customer in need of a plumber. She access the website and is able to fill in a form stating her:
    – Name
    – Surname
    – City
    – Category (Dropdown list of predefined categories)
    – Details description of her problem
    – Telephone Number
    – Email address.

When Susan submit the form, it will be placed on the Homepage as a listing with all the other listings, from where it would be possible for a plumber to click on the listing and decide if he is interested in the job.

Now here is where the twist comes in

– In order for the plumber (The Professional) to be able to see Susan’s contact details, he must purchase credits.
    – After being able to see the contact details, the Professional will be able to contact Susan by way of email and / or telephone, in order to send her a quotation / arrange for an onsite meeting.
    – The system may only sell Susan’s contact detail to up to 6 interested professionals in order not to flood Susan with proposals
    – The price of the credits will increase depending on the size of the project.

Therefore, it all boils down to a system that is selling CONTACT DETAILS (Business Lead) to (max of 6 per listing). There is no guarantee that when the Professional purchase the credits in order to see Susan’s contact details, that he will be appointed. That only gives you the opportunity to present Susan with a quotation.

– Plugin that will let me hide information until a payment was made.
    – Integrate with Woocommerce in order to cater for more Payment Gateways.

Extra Info

In order to supply The Customer with good quality quotes one can implement something where The Professional must first register on the system and upload his ID and business documentation. This is just a small attempt to root out a fly by night individual.

Additionally I want the Professional to be able to list his own business profile on the system as well, from where it would be possible for the Customers to rate the Professional.

Any suggestions / help / nudge in the right direction would be appreciated

Hi,

Interesting project and you came to the right place. We are experts in WordPress listings and gamification. Check out this website:

– cannabislistings.ca

It’s close to what you are looking for minus the limits and credits. Notice that it lists:

• Jobs
    • Companies
    • Candidates

Also notice that you cannot access candidate profiles without being a member which has a financial cost. It’s running a few components including

• BePro Business Directory Theme
    • BePro Listings plugin
    • WP Job Manager plugin
    • Custom link between BePro Listings and WPJM
    • Custom Candidates section
    • BePro Cart

We are actively rolling out several sites like this. Towards that goal, we are refining the codebase to be more robust for mass distribution to our BePro Software customers. You can anticipate a major version change for BePro Listings and the BePro Business Directory Theme being released to all customers before the end of the year

The obvious differences here are:

• Woocommerce: We are woocommerce experts; however, BePro Listings currently only works with BePro Cart
    • Gamification: We created woocube, a combination of the popular plugins Cubepoints & Woocommerce. This is not currently integrated into the solution.
    • Limits: We don’t currently have any limits for registered members; however, a solution like Woocube could handle some of this

In that past, we waited for customers to bring ideas like this to us. Obviously, this time we believed in the idea so much that we began development. With that said, we are always open to development partners.

If you have a budget in mind and would like to change direction e.g. using Woocommerce reach our via our contact us form. Alternatively, feel free to subscribe to our newsletter and stay tuned.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

riaann

Good Day

Thank you for the reply.

Currently I have this site at around 80% completed. I used the Hello Elementor theme simply because I like working in Elementor, and I am using Woocommerce because PayPal does not cater for the South African currency (Rand, ZAR). Lucky for us the two biggest South African Payment Gateways OZOW and PayFast does have free plugins for Woocommerce.

The listing part are handeled by Woocommerce Listings plugin, and the credits by Woo Credits Platinum.

The only part that is outstanding is to figure out how to hide part of the listing (the contact details in my case) and make it visible only after payment was made, and how to limit the sale of the contact details to 6 per listing.

If the listings are managed by Woocommerce, then you should be able to set a quantity for the product. So if only 6 purchases are possible, set each product to 6. That fixes the issue of limits.

Depending on how the Woocommerce listings plugin is developed, we could create another addon or edit the plugin’s code if needed. We would simply show the details to users with a record of having paid for that listing. If this is all you need, that’s 1hr or work, you can purchase that here

https://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/wordpress-development-1hr/

___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.