September 20, 2012 at 3:59 pm #109
Let us know if you run into any issues with the pluginMarch 6, 2013 at 10:41 am #180
Great plugin. I have a buddypress install.
1.From buddypress create listing there doesn’t seem to be a place to put long and latitude?
2,.On listing at the bottom a ITEM button comes up with a URL to and archive? No page link?
3. Question on the map, it is thumbnail size.. will it get larger with more listings?
4. Should I set up pages for the different categories?
Thanks for getting back to me.March 6, 2013 at 8:08 pm #181
Hi, thanks for trying out the plugin. Hopefully i can help you with the issues you are encountering:
1) Yes, Lat/Lon is currently calculated from the input fields. Allowing it to be an input option increases validation work which is planned for future releases
2) Item links should go to pages like on our example site http://whatlocalscallit.com. Do any of your listing pages work when visited directly?
3) Which map feature are you using? There are shortcut options for map sizes. For example, the following shortcut uses the “size” attribute to create the largest map possible:
[generate_map num_results=10 show_paging=1 size=4]
4) You could create pages for different categories; However, with the current version, i’m not sure of the benefit. We hope to facilitate more ways of controlling the categories in future releases. On the follow test site for example, you will notice “quick links” on the home page which link directly to a predefined grouping or category.March 7, 2013 at 3:02 am #182
Thanks for that.
Everything works, EXCEPT ..
If I create a listing from the frontend, there is no long and latitude.
If I go to validate and edit to enter long and latitude and PUBLISH, that is when the listing link is lost?
I need people to add by themselves. Which works.
But how do I get them on the Map without entering Long and Latitude?March 7, 2013 at 3:32 am #183
to add to above:
1. From front end create listing. NO PROBLEM
2. Is there a SUCCESS MAIL that is supposed to be sent? or page set up? This is not working.
3. If I go to dashboard to check listings:
a. I see listing PENDING-
a.1 If I go preview it shows perfectly
a.2 If I publish- It fails? Can’t be found?
4. Please see above regarding long and latMarch 9, 2013 at 12:45 am #184
1) There is no confirmation email sent out to users
2) All listings created from the front end are automatically pending
3) Have you tried resetting your current permalink settings in your admin?
4) Lon and Lat are created automatically for the user from the address entered
Hope this helps.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.