Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bigwater
    Participant

I’m trying to build a site where users can get info on sales and find out about events etc. locally. Ideally the ‘owner’ of a listing would be able to submit posts ‘from the listing’ or somehow link the listing and posts together as if the listing was a user profile.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. Maybe I can help with the terminology:

– A listing is a post
    – All users own/control their listings from their buddypress profile
    – Listings created by a user, are visible from their buddypress profile

With this in mind, what would you like owners of listings to be able to do? Can you share any links showcasing something similar to your needs?

_
    BePro Software Team

bigwater
    Participant

Basically, like Facebook. Users can ‘like/favorite’ a business listing (or in that case profile) and get notifications of activities i.e. posting a special or sale.
    What I would like to do is give listing owners contributor capabilities and link their posts to their business/listing.

ahh ok.

Great idea. Doubt anyone on our side even thought of that. Unfortunately, we don’t currently have a solution for this.

However, it is very feasible and fairly easy, to add a new tab/feature to listings. That new tab would be “related posts”. You could set that up to be any post the user creates or a particular category (e.g updates). The end product would be a tab on the listing page, with all of the related posts itemized within it.

If you would like an idea of how to get started on coding this, let me know and i’ll point out some important lines in the php files. Alternatively, you could have our team develop the solution for you. If interested, let me know and someone will contact you with a quote via email.

Regards
    _
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.