Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    hairpower

Are there dropdown menus for addresses eg States and countries? Also is there proper phone, email and website formatting? I cant see them in Form builder so am I correct in saying they dot exist yet?

Hello,

There is a, number, email and website field. They provide the same formatting and validation as the stock form. Each should be visible in the initial form which the Form Builder creates during installation. They are visible in the following demo screenshot.

https://www.beprosoftware.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/form_builder_interface.png

If you mean pre-populated dropdowns for state and country, they do not exist. However, you can create a dropdown for any field with values you specify. The following documentation explains

https://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/customizing-bepro-listings-fields/

If there are any features you would like to see added to the Form Builder, let us know and we would be happy to consider them.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

hairpower

Yes I did mean pre-populated drop downs and have now created my own as you suggested. Thank you. But now the google map does not show the listings location on the website. Is this the case because I have created my own?

I notice in form builder the address block has the default USA with a drop down arrow, but there is nothing in the drop down, is this right?

Regarding the phone, email and website fields, it seems that anything can be entered in here and there is no formatting. Is this something that will be improved in an update? It’s not something I need custom doing, but I think everyone will benefit from it.

Hi,

You can create your own fields and still have them work. You must confirm that they use the field names required by BePro Listings. The documentation like referenced earlier explains how this works

https://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/customizing-bepro-listings-fields/

Can you clarify the issue with the dropdown? Did you create a field, set the default to usa but its not showing on the frontend as default?

Your experience with the field validation sounds like an issue with your setup. The fields exists specifically because of their custom validation needs. Do you see any validation of form inputs occurring on the frontend?

___
    BePro Software Team

hairpower

We have created our own fields. The are using the field names required by BePro listings, such as dropdown_select, text, text1, text2, phone, phone1, website, email.

The issue with the dropdown was related to your address field block and not the custom field addresses we have now made. Your address block had the default set to USA and with no other countries allowed to be added in. On the frontend the field was empty and there was no dropdown to select anything, eg country. I believe you recommend us to create custom fields with custom dropdowns to solve this problem?

Please further explain validation? If you mean the values contained in the dropdowns, then yes I have set them up in form builder > dropdown > options. The dropdowns are showing on the frontend.

Google map does not show the listings location on the website. Is this the case because I have created my own?

Hello,

The address field is simply calling other fields for you. It speeds up the process, preventing you have having to create your own fields. In your case, you would like the fields to work differently, so you need to create the individual fields instead of using the address field. If you follow our documentation correctly, the fields will work exactly the same as the address field. So far, it sounds like you are not using the correct field names. Please revisit the documentation link to confirm

The address field is working 100% correctly. We understand that the dropdown with usa in the form demo is confusing, so it will be replaced with an empty text field in a future version of the Form Builder.

In terms of validation, are you prevented from submitting an empty form? If so, what messages/errors do you see?

___
    BePro Software Team

hairpower

Point 1.
    Thank you, my custom fields now work the same way as the address block and I have got google maps working.

Point 3.
    Yes I cannot submit an empty form.
    When I try to submit an empty form the error message displayed reads: “This field is required”.
    When entering invalid characters in the Email & Phone fields it is also displaying “This field is required”.

When I go to Form Builder Options in Addons, I see this message is in the Required validation field. However, the text in the Numeric validation field: Numerice values only and text in the Email validation field: Please provide valid email. This is not what is displaying on the frontend.
    The form builder field names for Phone & email are: phone, email.

Hi,

Good to hear you are making progress.

Thanks for alerting us to the validation text issue. Our team will investigate and release a fix in the next Form Builder upgrade. Our apologies or any inconvenience

___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.