Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kon tiki
    Participant

Hi

I updated to Version 1.2.33 and this is what I observed:

the listing I submitted AFTER, on going o approve it as admin, noticed lon/lat had been calculated using the provided address and addedthis time  automatically. At the frontend, “view map” was this time there on the “item” page. So this update certainly makes the change real.
    Not sure it was intended to correct & add the lon/lat of ALREADY SUBMITTED listings. All listings that just had the address remain with lon/lat & get no map link.

If you click the “View map” link and are led to the Google Map of listing’s location, this is in the correct location on the map, except that the red pointer has the wrong co-ordinates stated, with CANADA as the country instead of Germany [Deutschland] in this case => “51.5406996 8.1178137 (Pütttr. 8a , Soest, , Canada)”.  Please have a look at this ITEM page of this new listing => here. You will see what I mean if you click “View map”.

I appreciate your support having taken time to look at the lon/lat issue, which was supposed to have been corrected in last update, but was actually not until this update. I had mentioned this although you said it was working on your side.

It is true I have written many postings/comments, but I think as you see in the above issue of lon/lat, my requests/observations are for the sake of the promised issues working  everywhere as they should & not necessarily custom needs. I do request you in the same light to look at my last post at least regarding the implementation of the search function on the page => http://www.aspectusafrica.com/links/webverzeichnis-links/weblink-suche/. There is a full explanation of the problem, showing what I had done based on the explanation at http://www.beprosoftware.com/products/bepro-listings/ & something said in previous post.

Also regarding at least having First Name & Second name not showing – I do request you – for reasons mentioned before, to at least mention which script this can be disabled (just mention how) so it does NOT show up, since just like users of many web directories based on other scripts, the listings are of big or small business with no personal information.

On the issue of selection of categories & subdirectories, as mentioned before, your plugin presupposes one only having a couple of listings categories/subcats & indeed links. If one has more than a few -like dozens, like other WP plugins (including the widely used Open Links Directory)/non-WP scripts do, if one uses checkboxes instead of drop-down-selection like that used in WP’s categories, the form page can very easily be filled with options like here where in fact only main categories are used and no subcats could be added for the sake of appearance/space – same issue with the widget.

Is it in your plans to include this WP category like selection on the form or keep your only checkbox selection?

I just want to know if the above features will be added at all or it is not part of your plan & if so if it is any time soon. I have withheld adding content for this reason and it would just help to know whether to wait or not.

Thank you in advance.

• This topic was modified 10 years, 10 months ago by kon tiki.

Hello, thanks for your feedback!

BePro Listings 1.2.33 specifically addresses the lat/lon issue for future listings. Any listing that’s re-saved will be updated with the correct lat/lon.

The issue with Canada on the map is an oversight and will be fixed in the next release.

We strongly suggest that you use options already existing on the market place for your product or consider purchasing development time from our team. There are (NO) guarantees on timelines or features for our free products.

With that said, all suggestions, requests, and recommendations are taken into consideration for future releases. It is highly unlikely that these enhancements will fit perfectly into your specific needs without added custom development.

BePro Software Team

kon tiki
    Participant

Hi there,

Thank you for making all that clear.

I thought one could at least ask regarding the functionality of the search function, which just like the lon/lat issue did not seem to be working like said in previous 2 updates information, etc. on 2 other sites & probably just needed some mere little clarification – with the concerned link, stated suggestion on your site & a related response in a recent post regarding its implementation.

But well, … thank you for all.

Regards

Hi,

Did you find a solution for this issue?
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.