Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Damian
    Participant

I am trying to use Origami to set up 3 different directories – lets just called them A,B and C for now.

So I have origami installed and I have created three listings. In the meta data of each I have attempted to set the template like this:

<meta name=”origami_template” content=”A” />

Then I have created 3 pages to display the appropriate listings. For now I have just entered the shortcode: [display_listings origami=”A”]

From the brief documentation I believe that the page should then only show the listings with the appropriate meta data but it doesn’t. All three pages display all three listings.

Please can you help!

Hello,

Origami currently only works with specific addons. You will notice at the top of the Origami description, we have put a note that states

– “Plugins must state they are Origami Compatible

You can see a list of compatible addons here

http://www.beprosoftware.com/?s=origami&post_type=product

None of our plugins accept meta information. However, we are in the process of creating a form builder addon. It will allow you to create your own listing fields. The beta version will be released within the next 5-7 days. It will be origami compatible closer to the end of the month

If you are not able to wait for that addon, we still create custom origami compatible addons. Let us know what 3 directories you are trying to create and we can provide a quote

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Damian
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification. So am I just going about this the wrong way or is it not even possible?

I simply want three different directories – business type A, business type B, business type C each with sub categories.

Is there a way for me to specify a directory “type” when I create a listing?

Damian
    Participant

I should clarify that I don’t want them to have different fields or anything like that, just standard listings but three different types so a user can click a link for “Business Type A”, see those listings and filter on category, or similar for “Business Type B”

Hi,

You would not need origami for this.

Users select the the category during the listing creation. You simply need to need to use our shortcodes to showcase listings by particular category on the designated pages. This would separate the listings into sections on your website. The plugin does this in its free stock form

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.