Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Author

Hi James,

This is still something we hope to implement soon. However, it hasn’t been implemented yet. We appreciate your persistence and patience on this

___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

Thanks guys, just happy to know that this is still something that you see as part of the growth and development of the product.

Kind Regards

Jam

jambojam

Hello again,

Just checking in to see if there’s been much progress re: allowing users to input their own google api key.

Kind Regards

James

Hi James,

Unfortunately, we have not made any progress on this particular issue
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

ok, well I hope that it’s something that is still on the development roadmap for you.

Yes it is on our roadmap. We have been publishing new exciting features and hope to release lots more including this one. Part of that depends on us growing our team and we are currently interviewing potentials 🙂
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

Hello,

Checking in on development again, just looking to get the odd periodical update. I’ve also noticed that the changelog hasn’t been updated for a little while. Can we expect a big load of new features with the next version release?

Regards

Jam

Hi Jam,

We actually have someone working on the google api key enhancement right now. I anticipate the code will be reviewed this week and released. Take a look at a list we are working on

https://github.com/BeProSoftware/bepro-listings/issues

You can expect to see all bugs and enhancements added to the list in the upcoming days. Feel free to make suggestions
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

Excellent, Can’t wait to get cracking on this.

Once this is released and I’ve had a chance to test and upload data, then I think we can revisit the development I’m going to need on the site https://www.beprosoftware.com/forums/topic/bookings-plugin/page/2/

I’ll have to talk with the owner of the project but I thin they will still be keen on this 15hrs of wordpress development.

jambojam

Hey,

I’ve been checking up on the github site for updates ad can’t really see much activity there. Is this still expected to be released shortly?

Regards

Jam

Hi Jam,

The changes you are looking for are already up on github. We are testing the changes before releasing them to the public. If you want to test them, feel free to download and use the version on github, otherwise we hope to release the map api changes soon

___
    BePro Software Team

Hi Jam,

our apologies for the delay. The new feature is released. Let us know if it works for you

___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

Hi guys,

Yes the new feature works!

I’ve been through and plugged in my api code, am now tracking all the api requests etc that I’m making too so thank you very much.

I’ve come into an issue now with regards to googles policy on how I use their api (I was closing this off and restricting the number of people that could view the map to a select few, which according to google would require that I purchase a specific license in order to do that). I think however I can use the S2 plugin so I can publish the map to everyone, but ultimately restrict the content of data that I’m publishing. basically remove restrictions to the page, but keep restrictions on the data which is what we need to do.

Once I’ve restructured the site like that, we’ll upload data and start to see how it works. If it functions well, then we’ll be going ahead with the custom code job.

Thanks again guys, this is working great!

Hi Jam,

Thanks for the feedback.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

jambojam

Actually just testing it now.

I’ve opened up my website to enable anyone to access, so it’s not going to conflict with any google policies.

I’m running into some problems when I create listings, the geocoding function doesn’t appear to be working. I thought I would quickly check the api to see if that was the source of the problem. I installed a plugin called “Address Geocoder” and used my google api through the same website to pull back lat/lon information. so that seems to be working fine.

I’ve checked the google api status on bepro listings and it says “REQUEST_DENIED”

Any idea what could be causing that?

Regards

Jam

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.