Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    [email protected]
    Participant

Hello,

We have installed the tags addon for bepro listing however we want to be searching from the the tags. So the user would type in for instance “photos” in “wrexham” and then it would return all the search results with the listings tagged with photos and based in wrexham.

I have the shortcode [search_form listing_page=search-results] on the front page because then it would display the results on the wordpress page search-results.

On the search results page I then have the shortcode [display_listings type=1 order_by=2]

However it’s doing my head in I cannot get it to work properly. It displays all of my listings and doesn’t filter them!!!

Please someone help, the URL of the website is http://www.bestbizuk.com/

Rhys

Hi Rhys,

Thanks for purchasing the tags addon

Unfortunately, BePro Listings Tags does not work how you described. The tags addon adds wordpress tags to BePro Listings. So you now have a tags widget and ability to assign tags from the front end or admin. So users can search via tags like they do in wordpress through the tags widget

What you are referring to is an improvement to our search features. We are getting lots of requests for this enhancement and are working on a addon for it. If you would like to shape the direction of our search features, please let us know in the requests section of the forum

http://www.beprosoftware.com/forums/forum/requests/

Regards
    BePro Software Team

[email protected]
    Participant

Any idea’s on how long this will take to come through? This is really important!

Hi,

This feature is unfortunately not at the top of our release schedule. We release 1 to two addons a month. So it may be a few months.

If you are particularly interested in receiving a feature, then you can have us develop it for you. Many of our addons are developed in this way, simply because someone needs it now rather than later.

Our current plans for the search addon are more complex than just the tags, hence the delay. If you would like something developed just for you, we can provide a quote of wordpress development hours needed to accomplish your goals

http://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/wordpress-development-1hr/

Let me know

Joy

I realize this is an old post, but I was just wondering if there has been any development on this. We would REALLY like to have this capability. What we are looking for is the ability for users to search and filter our directory of resources/documents/videos by keyword, category, and tag. I purchased and installed the tag add-on, but the ability to tag the listings does not provide any benefit if it is not included in the search function. Thank you!

Hi,

Thanks for your purchases

Unfortunately, there has not been progress on this aspect. We appreciate you communicating your need for this feature. We will add a new search filter box for tabs within the next 5-7 business days. You would then simply need to upgrade the tabs plugin.

Also note that the Galleries addon is a requirement for the Documents and Videos addons. You should download that plugin also

https://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/bepro-listings-galleries/
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Joy

Thank you for the update! I did purchase and download the Galleries addon – thank you. I now see the option for adding video links to the listing, but I don’t see anything for documents even though I installed that plugin? Do I need to remove all of them and install them in a certain order?

Hi,

The videos addon requires its own fields for links e.g. youtube. The plugin fetches the screenshots and plays the video that the link references

Both video files and document files are stored in the wordpress media manager, just like images. So you upload those through the normal upload feature that’s packaged with BePro Listings. If you look closely, you will notice that the file field now states support for more file types in its form label

So in short, upload video and/or document files through the same method you used to upload photos. The plugin will sought them out for you, showing them in their perspective tabs on the details page
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Joy

Can I enter listings through the admin panel, or do I have to use the front form? The reason I ask is when I go through the admin panel (BePro Listings > Add New), there are no form fields for selecting a document. When I use the form, I see the field for adding a document .. however, when I add the document that way, I cannot edit it in the admin panel, and it still doesn’t show up anywhere in the listing.

As for the videos, I see the fields to add the links (they are YouTube videos), and I put in the YouTube link. There is a screenshot on the listings gallery, but when I click it to view the individual listing, the video is not on the listing profile – there is no way to view it. How do I get the video to show up and play on the listing profile? Do I have to embed it in the html of the description? I thought putting the YouTube link in the “Manage Video Links” field would do it.

Here is the listings gallery page:

http://sph-centerweb.oit.umn.edu:8002/?page_id=1624

The first 3 across the top (the “Fact Sheets”) are supposed to have pdf documents associated with them. The bottom one (the “Video”) should open to a YouTube video.

Sorry for the confusion – I appreciate your help. I’m sure there’s just a step I’m missing. Thank you!

Hi,

You can create listings from the admin or frontend with videos and documents. Here are a few things to note

1. In the admin, the fields for managing video links, should be at the bottom of each listing add/edit page.
    2. To view videos in a listing, you have to adjust the admin settings under BePro Listings->Addons and the Galleries tab. Set the “Gallery type” to “Slider1” or “Slider2” and select “Use lightbox”
    2b. You do not need to embed anything. If you can see the video screenshot, the video details were imported correctly and should play when you click the image in the slider
    3. All uploaded files are managed through the wordpress media manager. Do you see the uploaded file when viewing the admin media menu? If not, while editing a listing, try to re-upload the file via the “add media” button and let us know if you get any warnings
    3b. Since the wordpress media manager isn’t the most intuitive, you will notice that we have put a gallery preview in the right sidebar while editing listings. We are scheduled to release a document preview feature in approximately a week. Its goal is to simplifying admin management of documents.

If you have any further questions or continue to experience issues, please create a new forum post with your responses. This will make it easier for other users to learn from your questions, as you did from this tags related post.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Joy

Hi. I was just wondering if there was any update on adding the ability to search tags in the listings? You had mentioned this could be an update soon. This is a really important part of our listings functionality … we would like users to be able to search the listings by “keyword” (not just title) and the tags seem to be the best way to do this. Thank you!

Joy

Sorry – one other thought. If possible, it would be nice to be able to list the tags as checkboxes. Users could then search the listings by checking all the applicable “tags”.

We’re essentially looking for a full search/filter/sort functionality where users can find the listings they are looking for by any combination of typing text in the search field, selecting “keyword” tags, and/or filter and sort by category.

Hi,

No, unfortunately we have not made progress on tag search. Our apologies for the delay, our focus has been on other aspects of BePro Listings

Its great that you alerted us to exactly how you envision the tag search working. Unfortunately, we do not share the same vision. We were thinking of a multi selectbox

If you would like tag search to work how you described, you will need to have it custom developed for you. Please reach out to our team at [email protected] for a quote. Be sure to share a link to this forum post.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by BePro Software Team. Reason: share development plans

if the multi selectbox option works for you, we will hopefully release the upgrade within the next 5 business days

___
    BePro Software Team

Joy

Yes, thank you, I think that will be a big help for us! I look forward to the update. One more question: will it still use the WordPress tags, or will it search only tags within BePro listings? For example, if I have a blog post with a certain tag, and someone searches using that tag in the listings, will it bring up only the BePro listings that match that tag, or will it pull up the blog post, too?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.