Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    stopher

Hi there BePro Team…
    I am having difficulties with the plugin at the moment with the ‘display listings’ function.
    For Some reason none of my listings are being displayed. Everything seems to be working okay on the backend, but on the front end, there is no listing.

I have built the site on a xampp server on my laptop and uploaded it to my testing server using ‘duplicator’ plugin…
    The address of the testing server is:

http://www.theorganicnetwork.org

The category display is ok….
    The BPL status does not seem to have any problems…
    The shortcodes for ‘display listings’ seem okay… and work okay on the testing server… I am using the ‘required category’ to identify the Cat ID for the listings I would like to display….

For some reason, even though the categories seem to register the listings, the listings just will not display… can you advise?

Kind Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

Is the status of the listings “Published”?

___
    BePro Software Team

stopher

yes….
    The listings are all published….

On the back end, the following shortcodes are used….

[search_form]

[display_listing_categories]

[display_listings type= ‘1’ order_by= ‘1’ order_dir= ‘1’]

[su_button url=”http://theorganicnetwork.org/home/community-access-space/market-place/” background=”#a50e12″ size=”6″ center=”yes” text_shadow=”2px 2px 2px #000000″]Back[/su_button]

On the front end….

http://theorganicnetwork.org/home/community-access-space/market-place/

the categories display, but the listings do not appear:(

They do on my xampp server, just not online….

Thanks for your help:)

Hi,

The categories are stored and managed by wordpress. These can easily be transferred by a wordpress export and import.

Some of the BePro Listings information is stored in separate database tables. These need special attention when moving to another server. The search feature depends on these records. Did the duplicator plugin transfer everything including BePro Listings records? Check the database via phpmyadmin and verify that the bepro_listings table exists and has the same number of records as on your test setup

___
    BePro Software Team

stopher

It does exist and it has the same number of rows…. and columns…
    The categories do appear on the front end of the site as well, and this does include the number of listings in the relevant categories…. the listings are also in the WP admin>bepro listings>all listings
    Its just that they do not appear in the display listings section…. No images or listings information appears…
    I have just realised that the sql table wp_bepro_listing_orders is different….
    On xampp (Home server) it is blank (This is where it works) and on my online testing server it is populated (Where the listings do not display)….
    Okay… Day two… I forgot to send the message…
    I have found that I can repair the process with the ‘Recreate Search results Template’ section on the repair tab… this works for the standard display listings… although I am using ‘bl2’ template in different parts of the site… this doesn’t seem to display… Worst comes to the worst, I will have to just resort to standard template….but if you can offer any further advice, that would be very cool:)
    Thanks for your help so far… wouldn’t have figured it out without your help:)
    Kind Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

Please confirm, one template shows but the other does not? Also all details are showing in the admin? What happens when you change themes or deactivate plugins not created by the BePro Software Team?

___
    BePro Software Team

sandrag

I have the search function set up with filters and google maps. Everything works fine on the search page until I want to select the result (The separately added listing). When I click it, it opens the link to the listing but it says that they page can’t be found. I am using the free plugin. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. My apologies, I am not experienced with coding and all that hence trying to set all this up with plugins and widgets. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Hi,

Try going to the wp-admin page settings->permalinks. Save the settings that are there.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

sandrag

That was very bizarre to me. I didn’t change any information in there, I just pressed the save settings button and it actually did work. Don’t really understand why but thank you so much for your help. This helps me a lot! Thanks again!

We don’t understand why wordpress has this glitch either. Glad we were able to help. 🙂
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.