Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    STEVE
    Participant

Now that we have the [search_form] shortcode working just right I’m trying to enhance my BePro listings search feature just a bit by now adding the [filter_form] shortcode. However I don’t want to include the “Distance” dropdown part of the shortcode. According to your Shortcode documentation I can indicate to NOT show this geographic related field by simply adding geo="0" to the shortcode. The problem is it’s not working. I added the [filter_form] shortcode under my [search_form] shortcode but the Distance field still shows up in the Filter Form on the page.

Here is how I am using the Shortcodes together:
    [search_form listing_page="mylistingpage" geo="1"]
    [filter_form listing_page="mylistingpage" geo="0"]

I want the Geo options only on the Search Form and Not on the Filter Form.

Am I doing something wrong?

You guys already have an account on my site so you can go see for yourself. The URL is http://nextstar.net/starbase/

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for pointing out that error in the documentation. That feature listing has been removed from the documentation.

To remove the distance display, un-check the “show geography” option in the admin. This will remove the feature across all features. To remove the field individually per feature, you will need to use custom css.

If you would like to see this as a future feature, let me know and i’ll move this post to the requests section

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

STEVE
    Participant

Can you please provide me an example of the CSS that would hide the distance dropdown?

#filter_search_shortcode_form input[name=distance]{
    display:none
    }

That would get rid of the input box but not the label. You would need to somehow target the “div” which is encasing the label and select box. We often use css3 n-th child for issues like this. So maybe something like the following may work

#filter_search_shortcode_form div:nth-child(2){
    }

If it does not, then consult a developer. Alternatively, you can hire a member of our team to figure out the css which works with your setup. This would be a product support issue

http://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/product-support-1hr/

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

STEVE
    Participant

Ok. Thanks. But… where do I put this code? LoL

Sorry if this is a silly question, but hey I’m still new to this WordPress stuff.

Thanks.

Hi,

Css goes in any css file which is loaded with your theme. You have a style.css file in your theme. You can get to it via the Appearance->editor admin menu

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

STEVE
    Participant

#filter_search_shortcode_form input[name=distance]{
    }

That would get rid of the input box but not the label.

I tried pasting this CSS code into the “Edit CSS” editor in Appearance> Edit CSS of my WordPress Admin.

But it didn’t remove the dropdown distance field.

Now what?

Hi,

Try this one

.filter_search_form_shortcode select[name=distance]{
    }

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

STEVE
    Participant

That didn’t work either.

Hi,

That’s unfortunate, we tested it on one of our test sites. Options at this point include

A) Moving this post to the requests section. In which case the request is that we make this an easily updated admin option

B) Hire one of our developers for 1hr of product support to write some custom css

http://www.beprosoftware.com/shop/product-support-1hr/

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

STEVE
    Participant

OK. Let’s forget that I want to remove the distance drop down option for now. Let’s say I want to just keep it. Can you please explain to me how the distance drop down option works because as far as I can tell, it’s not working at all. And you have an account on my site so you can go see for yourself that it’s not working. http://nextstar.net/starbase/

I may have discovered a bug.

Thanks.

Hi,

From your previous posts, the distance drop down seems to work perfectly. Its also working great on our deno sites.

In short, each geo search generates a lat/lon (specific point on the globe). Distance is then calculated from that point. So for e.g. when searching USA, the center of the country is the selected lat/lon and distance is taken from that point.

What makes you think its not working? An example would really help us to diagnose the issue.

Regards,
    ___
    BePro Software Team

STEVE
    Participant

I’ve never actually used the distance dropdown filter before until I started this topic in the forum. So it’s new to me.

Here is what I’m trying to do.

1) Search for “US”. This pulls up all listings only in the US. Perfect.
    2) Click the checkbox for one specific category, for example “Dancer”.
    3) From the Distance dropdown, choose a distance of “None” because I want to find “All” Dancers in the US. Meaning I don’t want to constrain the search to a specific radius starting at the center of the US.
    4) Click the “Search’ button to apply the selected filter options.

The result… Listings are shown that are assigned the “Dancer” category as well as listings that aren’t assigned the “Dancer” category at all. Do you see the problem? This filter should only be returning listings that only have the “Dancer” category associated with them.

Also I really don’t want that distance dropdown there because I don’t want my users to have the option to filter by distance. The filter goal I am trying to accomplish is for my users to have a way to search for a specific category only in the location they choose. For example, All “Dancers” in the US. Or All Models in Dominican Republic.

Thanks.

Hello,

There is a new version of the free BePro Listings and the paid search addon. In the admin addon menu, there will be a new search tab. Make sure the “Exact Search” option is checked

Regards
    ___
    BePro Software Team

STEVE
    Participant

In my WordPress admin I saw the Update available for BePro Listings and I installed that update. I didn’t see any update for BePro Listings Search. So I logged into my account on your site and downloaded the BePro Listings Search – bepro_listings_search.zip file from the Available downloads section on My Account page. I then Deactivated the BePro Listings Search plugin currently installed and then deleted it. I then installed the new bepro_listings_search.zip that I just download.

However, I do not see any admin addon menu, new search tab or “Exact Search” option.

Am I doing anything wrong?
    Please advise.

Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.