Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ChristinaMeade
    Participant

Hi,

In the editing pane of adding a new listing, there is a section towards the bottom called Custom Fields. There is a drop down menu where you can select acres, etc. I have filled in some custom fields and values, clicked Add Custom Field and updated the page. However, when I go to view the listing, the information added into the custom does not show. How do I fix this so they show?

Thanks,
    Christina

Hello Christina,

I am assuming you are using our free Real Estate addon. None of our plugins, pull information from the custom fields, when you create them. The plugin may create custom fields itself but it won’t acknowledge any that you make

If this is a feature you are interested in, let me know more details, so that our team can prepare a quote. For example, where would these values go on the page? Are you expecting these values to be searchable? etc…

Regards,
    ___
    BePro Software Team

STEVE
    Participant

I actually tried the exact same thing Christina did.
    I would like to create custom searchable fields. I am creating a database of talent that my new management company will represent. I want people to have the option to search for fields like “Sex” (male or female), “Experience” (None, Some, Experienced, Advanced), etc.
    But I’m working on a lint pocket budget, so I hope adding such a feature would not put me out of business before I start. LoL. Let me know.
    Thanks.

Hi,

This type of customization will need php development. You can create your own addons if you are a developer. Typically, we create custom addons for $275 depending on specifics. This includes

– custom search filter options
    – optional new listings layout
    – extra info on the details page
    – new options on the upload form

These are not dynamically created for several reasons. Each directory website has different requirements, especially when it comes to searching. Some need a select box while others need check boxes. Also, the values submitted need to be calculated in different ways, some want exact values while others want ranges. Most of all, the information needs to be easily stored and quickly searched.

These are just a subset of the various ways the plugin can be used. Making elements dynamic is unfortunately not a realistic approach to fulfilling everyone’s needs.

Regards,
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.