Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kyle

Hey! Hope you’re not sick of me! Thanks again for your time.

I’m using Form Builder and MT Classifieds. I’m using the “search form” widget to filter listings.

It looks like the form builder “search form” widget must use checkboxes to allow users to select category filters, but I’d like to have these as a dropdown list. Is there a way to make the Form Builder categories show up in the search form as a dropdown and not as check boxes?

Thank You!

Hi Kyle,

Try the category option on the admin page BePro Listing->Options and the form tab.
    ___
    BePro Software Team

kyle

Hey Thanks,

Went to Options > Forms > Category Styles > Select Box

This doesn’t seem to work on the formbuilder add-on when using the widget “search form” – any other ideas?

Thanks again!

Hi,

That is correct. The plugin does not support using the category field to facilitate drop down searches. The drop down used in the forms did not fit the needs of searches, so the feature was never officially carried over.

You can try building the field by itself. Use the required field name as showcased in the documentation and it should work. It would just be limited to a single category at a time.

___
    BePro Software Team

kyle

Doesn’t seem to work,

I’ve entered the field name as:

categories[57,58,59,60,etc…]

I’ve set the drop down options to match my category names. I’ve also tried with category numbers.

Also note that in another thread (Form builder search) i was referred to “addr_search”, “search_city” and “radius” which arent in the documentation which was alluded to below. Can you clarify where this guidance is?

http://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/custom-search-filter/
    http://www.beprosoftware.com/documentation/customizing-bepro-listings-fields/

Thanks again!

Hello,

the name needs to be categories[] exactly
    ___
    BePro Software Team

kyle

Thanks can you point me to that other documentation i was referred to?

So using the ‘categories[]’ is not different at all than using any other drop down – since i have to go and edit all posts to use a drop down instead of the standard bepro listings category form area?

ie this new search field (categories[]) wont search through the previously input STOCK form builder categories selection in the form?? Sorry im confused.

thanks

Exactly. You are using a completely new field. It will not consume content from another form field
    ___
    BePro Software Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.